Data identifying the Subject
Organisation of teaching in the subject
Part I. Introduction to EU Economic Policy
Introductory lecture. The Jean Monnet Module, purpose, objectives, expectations.
- Topic 1. The origins, evolution and contemporary state of EU economic policy.
- Topic 2. The makers of EU economic policy: the EU institutions and their roles.
Part II. The Economic Policy in the EU
- Topic 3. EU economic policy since Lisbon.
- Topic 4. Contemporary EU Policy and Economic Governance: Who should govern where, why and how?
Part III. Spotlight on Core EU Economic Policy Competences
- Topic 5. Single Market.
- Topic 6. Competition.
- Topic 7. Liberalization and Deregulation.
Part IV. Evaluating EU Economic Policy
- Topic 8. Traditional approaches to evaluating policy.
- Topic 9. New approaches to evaluating policy: A Citizen perspective.
- Topic 10. Why insights on satisfact.