WHY SHOULD ENGLISH BE INCLUDED IN THE NURSING SYLLABUS?
- English is the language currently used for most of the international transactions.
- English can widen your horizons and help you to deepen your scientific knowledge and create work-related opportunities.
- Most scientific congresses, seminars and conferences are currently held in English and visiting lecturers, colleagues and tutors often prefer to use this language.
- There is a demand for nurses everywhere around the world. Nurses can gain valuable experience by working overseas and also obtain higher qualifications in specialised fields.
- Aid-workers are required in war-torn nations and areas of natural disasters.
- Besides, work is avaliable for nurses in tourist resorts and health care clinics.
- You can surf the internet for information and research updates and most of the time you will have to do this in English.
- You can read and use American and English Medical, Nursing and Scientific Journals-which often take time to be translated.
- You can watch documentaries and TV programmes in their original version.
- Instruction manuals for various machines and instruments of common use in your place of work are frequently written in English.
- Patients who cannot communicate their needs to hospital personnel are at a distinct disadvantage and very often have a slower recovery rate.
- Besides, patients may present case histories or medication details in English, and it would be very useful for you to understand them.
- Do you need any more reasons for considering English as an essential part of your training as a nurse?
- Maybe you can think of any other reason…If so, add it to this list and start working to improve your English!
Last modified: Tuesday, 13 June 2017, 9:05 AM