Diagrama de temas

  • General

    Spanish Private Law from an International Perspective

  • Spanish Private Law from an International Perspective (2017)

    ingenieria_grafica_-_G709                      

    Spanish Private Law from an International Perspective (2017)

         

    Teaching Faculty

    Sonia Martín Santisteban

    Private Law Department

      

      

      

      

      

      

      

      

      

    The purpose of this course is to cover the main issues of Spanish Contract Law and Property Law, from the perspective of a neutral observer, comparing the solutions given under Spanish law to those followed in other European civil law countries (mainly France, Italy and Germany) and in the common law systems. This objetive requires a preliminary overview of the main differences between civil law systems and common systems and some general information on the Spanish legal system.

       

    Keywords

    Contract Law, State of Autonomies, Private Law, Legal English, Leases, Common Law, Civil Law Systems, Real Property, Comparative Law, Spanish Legal System.

    • Course Details

      Course Details

        

       

      Course Information

      • Course title: Spanish Private Law from an International Perspective

      • Code: G967

      • Department / Unit: Private Law

      • Degree / Master’s: Degree in Law

      • Faculty: Faculty of Law

      • ECTS credits: 6

      • Language of instruction: English

      • Course director: Sonia Martín Santisteban

       

       

        

          Course structure    

          

      • Topic 1. Comparative law and legal systems in the world. The spanish legal system.
      • Topic 2. Contract law.
      • Topic 3. Real property.
    • Readings

      Readings

        

       

          Required reading list    

       

      • Zweigert, K. & Kötz, H.: «An introduction to comparative law». New York. Last edition. Ed. Oxford University Press.

      • Bergel Sainz-Barranda, Y. (2011): «Handbook on spanish civil patrimonial law». Madrid. Ed. Tecnos.

      • Sjef Van Erp, S. & Vaquer, A. (2006): «Introduction to spanish patrimonial law». Granada. Ed. Comares.

      • Rodriguez De Las Heras Ballell, T. (2010):«Introduction to spanish private law». London/New York. Ed. Routledge Cavendish.

    • Lecture Notes

      Lecture Notes

       

       

      • MC-F-001. Topic 1. Comparative law and legal systems in the world. The spanish legal system.
      • MC-F-002. Topic 2. Contract law.
      • MC-F-003. Topic 3. Real property.
    • Assessment

      Assessment

       

       

          Sample multiple choice exam    

       

        

        

        

          Assessment criteria    

          

        

      ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA

      "PRIVATE SPANISH LAW FROM AN INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE"

        

      Description

      Type

      Final assessment

      Retake option

      %

      Written exam

      Written exam

      Yes

      Yes

      60%

      • Minimum mark: 5.00.

      • Date: At the end of the term.

      • Comments: The Final Exam represents 60% of the grade. The remaining 40% of the grade will be obtained by work done in class through Continuous Assessment.

      Assessment activities

      Other

      No

      No

      40%

      • Minimum mark: 5.00.

      • Date: during the course. Monthly.

        TOTAL

      100%

      COMMENTS:

      • The Final Exam represents 60% of the grade. The remaining 40% of the grade will be obtained by work done in class through Continuous Assessment.

      COMMENTS for part-time students:

      • Part-time students are not exempt from the obligation to carry out the Assessment Activities on the designated days.

    • Syllabus

      Syllabus

       

       

      • PDF-icon  Here you can download the Syllabus in PDF format.

    • About the Professor

      About the Professor

       

       

      sonia_martin.jpg

      Sonia Martín Santisteban

       

      Private Law Department

      UNIVERSIDAD DE CANTABRIA
       
      Additional information